Backing up your iPhone is important so that you don’t lose your mobile device contents and settings completely. If you have a backup, you can restore your contents on your device at anytime. iCloud and iTunes are the recommended methods of backing up your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad contents.
If you need help deciding which method is best for you, click here.
Backup using iCloud
To back up you contents using iCloud, you have to turn on iCloud backup:
1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup. If you’re using iOS 7 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.
2. Tap iCloud Backup to turn it on.
3. Tap Back Up Now.
After following the above steps, iCloud will backup your content automatically.Restore using iCloud
If you need to restore your content on a new IOS device or after a factory reset, follow these steps:
1. Turn on your device. You should see a Hello screen.
2. Follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant until you get to the Set Up screen.
3. Select Restore from iCloud Backup.
4. Select a backup.
Backup using iTunes
1. Make sure your computer has the latest version of iTunes.
2. Connect your device to your computer.
3. Go to File > Devices > Back up.
Note: Syncing your iOS device with your computer will require you to creates a backup first.
Restore using iTunes
1. Connect your device to the computer that has your backup.
2. Install the latest version of iTunes.
3. Go to File > Devices > Restore from Back up.